Friday, March 27, 2009

Seamus' Baby Brudder






*Doesn't it look like two completely different babies?*

The first picture totally looks like Seamus, who favors my looks. Sorry Rick, I totally thought this one would look like you! But of course he is still in utero and may look like Rick once he's born.

We brought Seamus along and got him pumped up for the experience. Getting to go to the doctors and getting to see baby brother on TV sounded cool to him at first, but within a few minutes he was begging us to leave and Rick spent the whole time showing him pictures of himself on Rick's cell phone camera. Luckily I got a disc and some pictures to bring home, otherwise Rick really would've been annoyed because he says he didn't even really get to watch.

The baby's is using the placenta as a pillow, so that is why the face is obscured a little. And this was the third doctor to comment on how chubby he is already. I'm 30-weeks and still have 10 more to go! I'm beginning to worry about birthing a baby the size of my toddler, but I hope that is just an irrational fear and not going to really happen!

Other than this, everything is pretty mellow and easy still. The toddler drama is in full affect with slight attitudes and meltdowns at the end of the day after refusing to take naps. Sheesh! And we're steadily potty-training over here, with a reward trip to Disney Land on Wednesday- and now we're already digressing and having accidents in underpants. And when I say we, I really want to clarify that it's Seamus. Though I do have to pee every five minutes!

I'll pose a pic of my belly tomorrow. I'm getting my hair done (finally!!!) and won't have to deal with 2-3" of tweaker-looking white-trash roots! I'm also contemplating cutting it all off, but then my ruca-ness will be gone. I originally planned on hacking it off right before the baby is due, but Rick is calling my bluff and challenging me to do it tomorrow. I always veer towards subtle changes out of vanity, and don't know if I can handle it if I hate it. But this does seem like the best time to try it. I can't fit in my retro clothes, and won't for a while after the birth, so I have time to grow my hair out- plus pregnancy makes my hair grow super fast too!

I'll have to think about it still...

1 comment:

  1. OMG- how are you 30wks already? Time flies. The baby is looking so cute and yes, I think they are two different kids. LOL Here's hoping you don't birth a toddler. :D

    ReplyDelete