Thursday, February 19, 2009

Craptastic!

On Monday I went for my 24week check-up and glucose test. Today my Dr calls to say it's positive and have to go back for a 3hr. one. Great! Along with that may be the reason that this early along my baby is measuring 2 weeks larger than expected. My Dr's eyes literally bugged out during the measuring. And since I had the crappiest of all labors last time, (4 days people!!!!) with a 7lb. 8oz. baby, I may want to opt for a c section this time, especially due to the increasing size. I had hemmed and hahhed over a c section earlier in this pregnancy, but am too scared to make a decision, as of yet. I have talked to a lot of different people that have delivered at the same hospital as I will, and have gone the c section route. Surprisingly, all have said it was no big deal and they were walking around that night. The total opposite of what my mother, a labor and delivery nurse at a different hospital has said. Maybe it has something to do with not having a long labor beforehand? Electing to just go straight for the c section? I don't know. I know it's crazy to even contemplate one. I'm not some friggin' Hollywood diva who refuses to "push". I pushed the first time, and was seconds away from ending up in a c section anyway! So maybe I'm just trying to control the situation better. Either way, that fucking 3 hr. glucose test is going to suck!

5 comments:

  1. That sucks! I hope it comes back normal with the 3hr test.

    Don't worry about measuring only 2wks large. That is totally within the normal range. I also measured that way this last time. Violet ended up being my biggest baby at 7lbs 5oz. It can also mean you have more fluid going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That test does suck! Try not to freak out about the baby measuring a little larger. My sister had the same problem early on with Teagan. She was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and in the end Teagie was the tiniest of all her babies and is still tiny til this day; sort of like Seamus. Memmie keeps asking to play with Seamus. She is sick right now, but I told her if she naps she'll get better and then they can have a playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the nasty glucose test...

    Two days before I was induced, they told me just how small Jill was going to be. They estimated her weight at 6lbs even. I kid you not. They were all worried about it, because, you know, she could have been smaller. They were just a little bit off...considering she was NINE POUNDS AND THREE OUNCES! Those estimates are crap.

    You know, I can't speak for how you will feel after a c-section, but I can say how it feels to push out a 9lb baby. Let's just say the doctor stopped counting how many stitches he was giving me.... standing, walking, sitting, none of that was fun for a VERY long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would roll with the c section. Seems like there's less to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avoid a c-section if possible.If you have to you have to but it confuses the body and the recovery isnt fun from what Ive heard(given vaginal birth has its own gripes but hey its how nature intended it).Plus the damage to your muscles...silly maybe but I'll take the scar on my vagina over one on my stomach any day,hahaha!At the end of the day what counts is the baby getting brought into the world safely but I don't like the idea of with a c-section not being able to hold my baby afterwards and having my child taken from me while they sew me back up.Screw that.

    ReplyDelete