Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

What can I say other than my husband totally rocks when he doesn't suck and do stupid shit. I never put too much into Valentine's Day, and then I forgot that Rick actually proposed on Valentine's Day! Duh! How dumb am I? He sprinkled red rose petals throughout the house and had a big banner asking the big question. So I guess I should like Valentine's Day more. I'm fine with just a nice dinner and maybe a movie. We celebrated on Friday night because Rick usually has to work on VD. I think everybody else on earth had the same plan, because all the movie theaters were packed and sold out of all the decent movies. So, we went into the mall and Rick bought me a couple maternity shirts and a pair of jeans. How romantic, right?
Then this morning we actually exchanged cards, and he gave me a gift. I feel like a total douche because he told me he didn't want anything, and so, I didn't get him anything!!!!



*A new Tiffany key chain. My old one had been lost when one of my bridesmaids drove my car home for me from the wedding. And a box of See's candy scotch kisses. They're a marshmallow dipped in caramel. I love them!*


So now I need to figure out what to get Rick, because now I just feel bad!


In other news...


I made edible pasties for a VD swap. Random? I bought tons of candies and had BIG plans, but dreaded actually doing the work. So I waited, and waited, until the deadline to ship them (today) and created them in two minutes right before the post office closed!

I hope everybody has a nice VD! We're off to a birthday party for a little boy from Mommy & Me, who is apparently some distance relative of mine. I guess that's what happens when your family lives in the same town for a very long time and you have a big family!

No comments:

Post a Comment