Thursday, November 8, 2007


*random holiday baby pic to replace lack of good knitting pics*

My mom left on a plane early this morning heading for Sweden and Rome (with a short layover in Chicago) to go pick up her new Volvo. When she first told me her plans I thought it seemed odd, but now I get it. None of us have ever been on a plane. Weird huh? Rick, me and the baby will be going to Hawaii for a week next year as a somewhat "HoneyMoon". I hope to travel more in life, but I'm getting a late start on all that.

Knitting-wise, things are at a halt. No yarn yet for Rusted Root, no real use for it right now anyways with all the gloom. It is officially sweater weather here in So. Cali. I've unseamed my first super crappy sweater seam job with no reference to go on. Rick was peeved because all the little scraps of cut purple yarn that covered the bed, along with that his non-knitting eye didn't see a problem with it. Now I will seam it right (hopefully), and add a better collar. I'm really not happy with the way it turned out. I think I will have to figure something else out on it by myself. I need to get to seaming or redoing SWDR because I've got slim pickings here for winter clothing, and I'm not really feeling the 24/7 sweatpants-thing I did last winter when I still has far too much post-baby weight to lose.

With SweetHeart I have hit a stand-still too. I received my dark red Filatura Di Crosa Zara and hate it. Absolutley HATE IT! It looks awful with the black. On ebay I found a brighter, nicer red that must have been discontinued because it's $35.00 a skein! What a rip off! So it's looking like it might be pink.

Pink, pink, pink, barf.

I attempted to take good pictures of my SweetHeart, but somehow the colors look all wrong, so I won't even bother for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment