1) I have 3 sisters.
2) I am the oldest.
3) I grew up in L.A.
4) My parents were punks.
5) I don't get along well with others.
6) I only have a hand full of good friends.
7) I'm a gemini.
8) I really think that has a lot to do with why I am teh way I am.
9) My son is a gemini too.
10) I was meant to be a writer.
11) I'm more-than-halfway-done with my teaching credential.
12) I was on crutches for a year and a half.
13) I've had piercings, but never any tattoos.
14) The permanence of them scares me.
15) I have a shoe collection that would rival Carrie's from Sex & The City
16) My closet is filled with a massive vintage dress collection as well.
17) I've worn the same color lipstick for four years.
18) Pippi Longstocking was my hero when I was little.
19) Old cars with flat paint make me weak in the knees.
20) I have two boston terriers.
21) I used to surf.
22) I will again, someday.
23) My Nana is my hero.
24) I can't do hair for shit.
25) If I could, I would have pin curls everyday.
26) I've always had a thing for dark hair, yet I always end up with blonds...
27) I'm engaged.
28) I've had the same boyfriend since I was 18.
29) There is a 1950 Ford ShoeBox and a '53 International Truck sitting in my driveway.
30) I'm too scared to drive either one.
31) I live in a California Bungalow that me and my fiance restored together from scratch. (the inside, atleast).
32) My first concert was Paula Cole.
33) I hated her even then.
34) I was 13, my best friend loved her and the ticket was free.
35) Somehow I was manipulated into seeing her play 2 years later, but this time MatchBox 20 was headlining.
36) I went for the same reason as #34 and it still sucked.
37) My favorite band live is a tie between White Stripes and The Distillers.
38) I drive a popular SUV and feel like a sell-out.
39) My favorite flowers are roses and dahlias.
40) Gardenias are pretty, but I hate the smell.
41) My favorite colors are red and black.
42) I like them both equally.
43) My parents split when I was five.
44) I refuse to believe that has influenced who I've become.
45) I'm good at ripping people to shreds.
46) But I normally don't.
47) I can't stand biters.
48) Even though I should feel flattered, I don't.
49) I've had bangs for 5 years, and I probally will forever.
50) My fiance is 12 years older than me.
51) I've only left California to go to Las Vegas and Tijuana.
52) I wish I could say I've gone further.
53) Besides being a mommy, my other job, is of a "manly" profession.
54) It is the same job that my grandfather and great-grandfather both did.
55) I'm not sure about there being pride in that, but I do think it is kind of cool.
56) My future husband is in the same occupation, though I didn't meet him at work.
57) I have hazel eyes.
58) I named my boy dog Cash, but wished I could have named my son that.
59) The dog was around for 2 years before my son.
60) Cash needed a face lift at one year old because his face folds were getting infected from his tear ducts.
61) I was a cheerleader in eight grade.
62) If you knew me, you would see the irony in that.
63) For Mothers' Day this year, I got a Italian stiletto switchblade and a 2006 Honda CRF DirtBike.
64) I've only ridden the dirtbike once.
65) I'm currently baking two of my first pumpkin pies ever, while typing this.
66) FiestaWare rules my kitchen.
67) I like FiestaWare because it reminds me of my mom.
68) I took French for two years, and all I can say is "my name is..."
69) I'm Irish, Scottish and Mexican...basically.
70) Some people have said that is a toxic mix, but what do they know?
71) This is supposed to be a knitting blog.
72) I've known how to knit since 3rd of 4th grade.
73) Cheese Enchiladas and Pesto are my specialties.
74) I can't bake a whole chicken, for some reason, it never cooks right.
75) When I was little I wanted to grow up and be Morticia Addams and an FBI agent.
76) I spend too much money.
77) My first job was a coffee chick. Barrista sounds stupid.
78) I have two wedding dresses in my closet, that I have no plans on wearing.
79) I'm still nursing my 17-month-old son.
80) I don't think he has any plans of stopping.
81) I will stop him at some point before he's two.
82) In the last week I've purchased a pair of tube socks, 2 suitcases, a FiestaWare cannister and an iPod charger on eBay, some jewelry, a couple shirts, a dress, some more FiestaWare elsewhere...
83) I've seen the same episode of Sesame Street 3 X's today!
84) I have a claw tub in my bathroom.
85) I think that is so cool.
86) I used to own a white 1962 Cadillac Coupe DeVille.
87) It was my pride and joy.
88) One day I will have an early '50s Buick.
89) I look more Irish than I do Mexican.
90) Betsey Johnson is my favorite designer.
91) Marriage doesn't mean everything to me. It's just a piece of paper.
92) My favorite drink is Cranberry & Vodka, but recently I've had a Pomegranate Martini that kicked ass.
93) I've never been arrested, unless you count that time I got busted for truancy.
94) I swear the officer that busted me and a friend, was one of my fiance's childhood friends.
95) I can usually do whatever I put my mind to.
96) My mom says that makes me spoiled, I'd call it determined.
97) I ride shotgun to car shows.
98) I'm 5'9"
99) I can't believe I've found 99 things to say about myself, without giving away too much.
100) I grew up in Los Feliz/ SilverLake/ Echo Park, but now I live just outside L.A.
FOUR THINGS RIGHT NOW: SUNDAY LUXURY
6 years ago

I think you're my long,lost twin.
ReplyDelete3,5,6,10,15,17,19,23,24,37=White Stripes!38,41,42,43,44,49,69=Irish, Mexicana married in Scotland, 76,89,90,92=haven't tried the pomegranate martini yet!
Hi, I just came across your blog a few weeks ago. I have been interested in learning how to knit. It seems we have a lot in common. Cash was our boy name for our second child that turned out to be a girl. :P I must say that most of our family was relieved she was a girl. *eyes rolling*. And don't worry about the BFing. I am going on 4yrs on Dec. 1. I have also been wearing the same red lipstick for going on 10yrs...Estee Lauder "Very Red". Cheers!
ReplyDeleteSorry my previous comment was poorly worded and full of spelling errors.....Don't let the Shoebox Scare you...when it all comes down to it everything is much easier than it first seems.
ReplyDelete