Thursday, November 1, 2007

November, Already?


Halloween was fun, Seamus wasn't a huge fan of the monkey suit, and preferred to be carried the entire route. We brought along a friend and her daughter from our mommy & me class. She is from Holland and this was her first Halloween, as well as her daughter's. We got lots of candy (and play dough!) from the neighbors. Ofcourse, no holiday goes without a little family drama. Or atleast ours anyways.



Usually a month doesn't go by without our street being blocked off when Rick is trying to make it home from work at 4AM, and the ghetto-bird flies overhead so low that the chingles on the roof seem to be shaking loose. Muchas gracias LAPD. I guess we really are kind of grateful.

In knitting news. The booties are D-O-N-E! Yay! I am so sick of little frickin' booties! Yes, they are cute; but for some reason, they seem to take forever for being so tiny. Plus- they aren't for my kid so how can I guarantee appreciation? Whatever, knitters probally aren't supposed to think that way.

I decided to make one bootie in white with terracotta trim. At first terracotta looked like a soft red, but it definitely looks pink now. I wasn't sure that it was the right color combo, so I decide to knit one in terracotta with taupe trim from leftoer Donkey Jacket yarn. I had one of each color bootie now, whch meant I was going to HAVE to make atlleast one more bootie. My sister, who usually never has a good opinion about anything said that the white/red one was 'cute'. Cute? She never ever uses words like that unless talking about Seamus. Her famous line is, "It's like, whatever." FOR ANYTHING!
'Hey, hows the weather? How was DisneyLand? How bout that parking ticket?' No difference, all said with the same lack of enthusiasm.

So I decided I should run with her comment and finish the other white/red bootie. I had even told Rick how I wasn't sure which color to go with and how Kelly actually LIKED something. The morning after I completed the second white/red bootie, Rick proclaimed that the red/taupe one was cooler and that I HAD to make the second of that one. I could have rung his neck. Why did he wait until I had thought I was DONE to mention anything. My life story, that's why. Needless to say, spent the rest of the night knitting and seaming that bootie too. Now Danica will have 2 pairs of booties that she may or may not ever wear.



The two sleeves for SweetHeart are done. I stayed up far too late watching The Osbournes reruns on eMTv last night. They are so funny, I hadn't seen that show in so long. Perfect TV to knit to. I should be casting on for the body today/tonight, working in the round, then the back because I'm still unsure what color to go with for the bow. I've seem some on Ravelry, they all look great and really got me thinking about a soft pink, but they're ALL soft pink. I'm a red girl, hence rubyREDruca. I've also seen a hot pink that looks tempting.



But how often would I really wear a hot pink bow sweater. Would it even look good with red lipstick? What would I ever pair it with? Does Filatura di Crosa Zara even make my perfect red?



*Oh, and I bought 3 skeins of a berry red Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece for Rusted Root! Sshh! Rick doesn't know!*

No comments:

Post a Comment