I suck at seaming and apparently suck at arm bands! Of all the parts of this vest that I could suck at, it's the tiniest last bit that is bugging me and that I'm going to have to fix! I had Rick try on the vest at various points of seaming and it seemed like it may be too large for him. Rick is tall and skinny, but requested a large instead of a medium. If I had been thinking clearly I probably would have used medium's measurements with large's length. Regardless, that part is fine. He likes it loose and it drapes great. Yet to be blocked too. But those armbands look ridiculous. This is when I usually give up and quit. I have so many projects that are 95% complete, seamed and just need a neckband.
FOUR THINGS RIGHT NOW: SUNDAY LUXURY
6 years ago

Did you go down a needle size or two when doing the ribbed edging? That really helped me w/ this pattern.
ReplyDeleteMy husband's neckband was like that on another sweater, and he is really picky about neckbands - they must be tight. I found picking up fewer stitches, doing a tight bind off, and adding a row of crochet really helped keep it from ruffling.
ReplyDeletesucks... It looks ssoo great from the front!!! I hate when that happens. I would say use a smaller needle too...
ReplyDelete