I really feel blessed with the way things have gone since Alabama has been home with us. She is still doped up and in pain, but she is such a mellow, curious dog that just watches everything. My two crazy Boston Terriers sniffed her and walked away. I was expecting bitchy high maintenance freak-outs from a new doggy entering their territory, but they're fine! Ruby and Alabama actually slept next to each other on my bed for a while last night, and Ruby is the house princess that was my main concern. So I feel so lucky. Seamus LOVES her so much it's crazy! He gives her kisses (or licks, yuck!) and big long hugs. He pats her back and strokes her and she loves it. This situation has turned out way better than I could have dreamed and I would recommend anyone to just see how it works for their family. Of course all dogs are different, but this has just been so great that I just can't help saying it enough.
FOUR THINGS RIGHT NOW: SUNDAY LUXURY
6 years ago

OMG, she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I looooove blue pits.
ReplyDeleteYAY for you!!!
She's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! Pits are so sweet. After the Michael Vick thing here in Atlanta, so many people were speaking out and educating people about pits. They have the best saying "Hate the DEED not the BREED". :)
ReplyDeleteI have to admit Pits scare the hell out of me. You just don't hear forty stories a year of golden retrievers turning on their owners the way you do pits....but then again, most of THOSE particular dogs are raised to behave a certain way. And then everyone stands around scratching their heads wondering what the hell when wrong when it attacks. And? I get comments about my boxers around my kids. Uh yeah. They are too lazy to attack. Trust me.
ReplyDeleteBut she is a pretty girl! And oh my, I love the pic of your handsome man licking her face! That is perfect.
Such a beautiful dog! And I love the name Alabama. My boy has a pit bull named pinto bean. He's kind of gassy, haha.
ReplyDelete