Man, today's been a doozie? Is that how you spell it? I worked this morning from 3AM-8AM. The kid kept me up until midnight, and I was so scared that I'd sleep through my alarm- that I couldn't sleep. By the time I went to bed around 9AM, I had been up for 24 hours!!!!!! WTF, right? Usually when I work that shift, Rick takes Seamus for the day and I let myself sleep until noon. I woke up at 3:30 that afternoon! I forced myself to get up, drank tons of coffee, and then went to a doctor's appointment at 4. Then I went to Michael's and bought some yarn for a tube top I'm going to knit. Did I mention it has an anchor on it? And black and white stripes? Anyone who knows me, that equals love in my department. My best friend got me a bag for my b-day that has anchors and sparrows all over it. Yes, I love it. Since it's a little too over sized for me, I use it as a diaper bag for now. I also bought a few embroidery things. But no one there could help me figure out how I was supposed to transfer an image onto the cloth I plan to embroider on. So I went and looked at the tutorial by
Craftyminx, and realized that I'm supposed to trace it with a transfer pencil. Cool. I guess I'm a little slow, but I'll admit that I'm pretty fucking clueless in this department. It's new somewhat uncharted territory for me. My Nana showed me how to embroider when I was in forth grade, but the image had already been on the cloth. So I bought tons of embroidery floss in all the colors I liked and thought I'd use, a ring frame thingy, and some needles that I hope are big enough to loop the floss through. I spent $40, which is a lot less than I expected, but I still have to buy the dishcloths, some fabric and the transfer fabric. So we'll see what the grand total really turns out to be!

And when I got home, I noticed three packages. And I'm a girl that loves to see packages! (Wait, that sounds kind of like something Samantha from SATC said.) Well they were mail packages. One was a frame that I had ordered a longtime ago to put a picture from my bachelorette party in, another was some fine china display holders, and the other was a little one from
this sweetie. It looks like handspun(?) yarn and a little note with it. How sweet is that? It's fucking awesome and so cool that someone wanted to do that for me. So thanks Michele! And your name is spelled with one "L" just like my mom's! All this stuff has made my f-in day. And now, this Ruca's on a cleaning/ organizing binge again. And I will probably stay up way past my bedtime knitting my tube top. Look, here's how much I've done so far.



And then I wiped all the dust out of the built-in hutch and set up my fancy china on the display thingies. I think it looks so perfect and organized that people will be so mesmerized by them, that they won't notice that the floor is sprinkled with dog hair and the clutter on my desk or dining room table.

Oh I so love that china!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I would totally be willing to trade an apron for one of those tube tops... I'm crazy about black and white striped anything...
Ummmm, I'm also gonna need one of those tube tops. I'll pay you...please!!! This DPH desperately needs one!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm confused...you work? I thought you were a stay at home mom? Did I miss something?
You're welcome! The yarn is Cascade Luna organic cotton. I think that the label is rolled up in the middle of the yarncake I wound. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! We'll be tube top buddies! xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteOh-and I highly recommend Sublime Stitching patterns-they're soooo fun!!!!!!!!!!
Is that the tube top from Knit1? I want to make one of those cause it's teh cute.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you want any embroidery help/advice. I have been getting better at it now that I bought like 5 books lol.
Yes it is from Knit1. And I love your man's ruin Stellina! It's fucking gorgeous and if my first few attempts at embroidering turn out well, I may try making for the hubby.
ReplyDelete