Monday, July 7, 2008

Another DishCloth...

I started off the day with a HUGE double iced white chocolate mocha and I'm still exhausted by the end of the day! On a whim, we decided to go to the L.A. Zoo since Seamus is really into animals right now. Especially monkeys, elephants and birdies. We even saw Reggie! We bought a book all about Reggie too. I chuckled when I read the line, "...my owner used to feed us pet food, leftover pizza and jelly donuts...". I don't think the mistreatment of animals is funny, but the fact that some idiot would actually feed their animals that way if just ridiculous! What is wrong with people!


And here's a couple pictures of the dishtowel I'm working on. I've been wanting to do some easy mindless knitting just to relax me and make me feel like I'm expressing some art, even if it is a dishtowel! So I went through my little stash of yarn, and found what I believe to be the best colors to make a friend of mine a dishtowel. When I went to her house a few days ago she was working on a crocheted version of one, and that's when I got the idea. I have been so bored lately and just want something to do. So I started it last night, and will be binding off on it tonight. I think the colors suit her, she seems to love pink, or at least I think she does...And all the dishcloth's I've made have to match fiestware colors. I don't know why, but they just do, probably so I can keep some artistic integrity by them looking retro-ish. So I took some pictures with it posing on my Fiesta dishes, cuz I'm a nerd like that. Feast your eyes on it. Even though pink isn't my favorite color, I still totally love it and will probably make another for myself.




* And tomorrow will be a whole post dedicated to my beautiful new apron!

2 comments:

  1. Well, that dish towel would certainly work for me. I can't wait to hear all about the apron. I have been searching for the perfect one for me for a while now. It has to speak to me. :P

    ReplyDelete