Friday, July 11, 2008

Friends Don't Let Friends Loose In Yarn Stores...

How it is that when I get a last minute invite to Jo-Ann's, I end up spending more than the other two women who had planned on going? I seriously only went to get a transfer pen. Then ended up with a pen AND a pencil. And some glue to set it. Then some wannabe Addi Turbos. Then I saw some yarn I'd been eyeing for a year. Then I needed to buy yarn for a beanie with devil horns on it for my sister's b-day. And then a Twix bar because I was hungry. Uh. This always happens to me. That makes a total of ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS this week. And yes, I'm broke, and apparently going need to pull this money out of whothefuckknows. I bought 5 skeins of yarn and a bunch of gadgets. ??????? I spent more than the other girls! My sister-in-law is a total yarn junkie and I swore she would be spending far more than me. I think I barely exceeded her in spending by a dollar...but still!



So, in more, "Knitting drives me crazy" news, making the tube top longer seemed to be a bad idea. It's almost done and looking way too long. It was just hard to tell until this point. The intarsia threw me off, that's my only excuse. So, at this point I'll finish this half then decide whether to pull it and do it properly/ or burn it with a torch in the back yard while on a crazy manic knitting gone bad episode. Hmmm...tough call.

Update: I finished the front piece, and am very proud of myself for actually completing the intarsia. And if I do say so myself, I really like the way the anchor turned out! It kicks ass! And I put it up next to me, and it's only a little longer. If I had gone and read the directions and knit 12 rows of striping instead of 15, I think it would've been the perfect length, but I think it will barely be noticeable to anyone other than myself.


I'm not looking forward to weaving in all those ends. I've been working on it for a while already, so there isn't much left to do. Im almost there.

Now I get to start ton the back piece!

6 comments:

  1. I'm in so much love with this! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay.... my joanns sucks ass... they don't have transfer pens... and everyone that works there doesn't even know what I am talking about... what the fuck... how can you work at a craft store and not know what a transfer pen is... where is the training??? Shouldn't that be in the manual? and YAY embroidering is so much fun!!! I have a ton of pics on my flickr...

    ReplyDelete