In May of 2006 I completed the last semester of university before I took a really long break. Does that sentence even make sense? I had a baby 3 weeks later, and had planned to go back for Fall, but got really attached and realized it was going to be too hard to leave him. Now two years later, I've realized I really just need to finish already. I don't have more than a year left anyways. Or two if I go part-time. Well, today I decided to call the Admissions Office, hoping that I could just apply for my classes and pretend I never left. Of course not. They said they have my transcripts from high school and junior college on hand, but I need to re-apply and pay the $55. Fine. Whatever. Except halfway through the computer application wanted a list of all my transferable credits. Well I don't have that stuff on hand. I did three years ago when I applied last time, but not now! Along with that they said they still have that stuff in their office, so why the fuck do I have to go through this bullshit? I tried calling to complain, but no one will answer. Go figure. Stupid school!
Exactly why I'm over school. I got most of my paralegal/law classes completed, took a break and they now want me to jump through hoops to come back. Blow me.
ReplyDeleteI'm fine doing other crap for the rest of my life!
But good for you for gettin back in there!
Yeah, my courses that I took were 2 years-I went for the first year and exactly half of the second. Then I got a job and told my teachers and left. That was in spring 2000. Around 2004 I tried to get my transcripts so I could take a different course-they said I never paid for my second semester second year(because I wasn't there) and they wanted it. I was like "Hell no!" I wasn't there! and they said "Well, you're supposed to formally withdraw at the offices" Silly me-I figured, hey-I'm not there for the last 4 months of school and all my teachers know I'm working, things should be covered.
ReplyDeleteThat is so dumb that they have all that are are making it a pain for you :(
Oh, I so feel your pain. I was trying to finish my BA after a long break. They were going to make me take the math placement exam even though I have completed all my credits needed toward my degree. Sure I was pretty good with math back when it was fresh in my head even though I hated every minute of it, but now this is pushing 10yrs later. Needless to say, I am not taking any classes right now. I need to find someone I can pay to take that test online for me. :P
ReplyDeleteMy dumbass never claimed a few of my credits from AP classes and the tests. I didn't realize there was a time limit on them. So now I am down an English and History course. Grrrrr. Although, I took a "break" seven years ago. Something makes me think I am not going back...
ReplyDeleteUhhh...Sheri. I totally kick ass at Math. Well, at math concepts anyway. I can't add worth shit. Do you want me to be your tutor?!