Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers' Day Baby!


The thing with Fathers' Day around here is that my son was born on Fathers' Day in 2006. Yeah, I know his b-day doesn't fall on that day every year, but it should. From the first doctors appointment when I was pregnant, Rick said he would be born on Fathers' Day and be a boy. Rick was right, and now he thinks he's psychic or that they have some extra special bond since he called it. Who knows, maybe he is. I wonder if we ever had another kid if Rick would be able to love them both equally since this one is EXACTLY what he was hoping for.  The kid loves cars, motorcycles, dirt bikes, anything loud with a motor, skateboarding, clothes, hats; seriously I could go on  and on, but he isn't even two yet and a total little Evil-Ken evil-in-training, which I am convinced is what Rick totally wanted. And look, I bought them matching bowling-style shirts, and they're both totally digging them. Crazy!

I hope everyone else is having a nice Sunday, even if Fathers' Day isn't celebrated in your home. Hey, I didn't celebrate it growing up either. But I'm doing my best to be a nice little house wench today. I'm making pancakes, sunny-side-up eggs and bacon for breakfast AND I'm taking Rick out for steaks for dinner. Yeah, I know, I'm the perfect wife right?

3 comments:

  1. Perfect, indeed.

    Isn't it crazy to watch that father/son bond create itself?

    My hubs looks at our little guy and utters "I love you sooooo much" on a daily basis. And it brings tears to my doofball eyes every darn time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Rick to start picking lottery numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, it actually sucks sharing your birthday with father's day. Maybe I'm just bitter, but you NEVER get your own birthday. You always have a "combined" celebration. But maybe it won't be that way for you. My punk's birthday is right next to Mother's day and I always make sure she has a seperate celebration. I was born on Father's Day and am always within a day or two of it. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete