Saturday, June 28, 2008

Potty Training With A Side Of Cleaning


I've been busy cleaning all day and feel guilty that the baby has been watching TV all morning. Sure he wanders around, makes little messes with all his toys, and asks me for snacks; but we haven't done anything today. Now that it's summer, I want to do something with him. Take him to the beach or park, but today has just been a slow day. I scrubbed the inside of my stove for the first time ever, well the first time I ever have done a crazy-caffeinated-OCD scrubbing. I only used baking soda and hot water because I couldn't figure what else was safe. And it took me forever to find out online what to use. What's wrong with me today? And then I decided that my counters are too cluttered...but I haven't figured out a solution to that. I went to Macy's yesterday to buy my third china place setting (yay!), with a gift certificate that we'd gotten for a wedding gift, I came across a huge bible-like book by Martha Stewart all on housekeeping. At first I thought it was ridiculous, and then I skimmed through it thinking I could learn a thing or to from it, but it was $50!!! Forget it Martha, I think I'll go it alone. Oh, and I got a set of the new fiestaware color, Ivory. I couldn't help myself, and it looks like French Vanilla, so cool!

We've also been doing a little potty-training around here. Seamus has decided that he loves to wander around diaper less and to keep down on the little accidents that seem to happen right after I finish mopping the floors, I just remind him to go potty and he goes and does it. But today he decided to change it up. Being a boy and noticing his father pee a couple times, I've caught him trying to stand over it a few times. So I walk into the bathroom to make sure he wasn't playing with toilet water, or something else equally as germy, and found him standing over his potty aiming perfectly inside of it with no pee flying anywhere else. And no hands either. Wait, do guys use their hands? I'm not sure...Either way, he did it standing up flawlessly, and I'm one proud mama.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's really good! My nephew is 2 and a half and he is only going sitting down! They have those fun little color things you put in the toilet water and they are supposed to aim at them or something and I guess that teaches them aim...whatever.

    Yes, boys use their hands when they pee.

    ReplyDelete