Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Little Vasoline Please...


I went to go get my blond retouched today. The girl also mentioned putting a clear gloss in my hair so it'll look nice and shiny for the wedding. Sure, sounds great. I probably won't regret it when the pictures look great. Hair trim? Uh...well it's been a few months and my hair looks really damaged, I guess.

$150.00

WTF???

This doesn't include last weeks make-up and hair trial and tomorrow's make-up and hair, or the fact that I'm paying for 4 bridesmaids make-up(which comes with 50 dollars worth of MAC make-up they get to keep). Rick is pissed at the hair chick for not giving me some kind of break, I had no idea it would cost that much and it seems so tacky to ask. The best part is that I rarely work at my part-time gig, so I have NO extra money coming in. Oh and I had a mani and pedi yesterday which cost a relatively pretty penny. Needless to say, our non-wedding bills are obviously going to be getting paid at their minimums.

This better be the best fucking wedding ever, because if we get divorced and I remarry someone else...I'm walking down the aisle in the same freaking dress I'm wearing tomorrow, with stick-on nails and big brown roots showing on the sides of my hair. Seriously, this is ridiculous, and I do not want to open my credit card statement next month. Actually, I don't think anyone part of this wedding wants to. Even the groomsmen are complaining about their tux rental price. And I can't blame them. It's the same price as the bridesmaids dresses and the groomsmen don't even get to keep them.

Screw you wedding industry! Screw you!

Needless to say, this will probably be my last wedding ranting post, seeing how tommorrow is the big day. Maybe I'll stop by and write a little something inspiring.

HA!

8 comments:

  1. Holy SHIT! I hope your hair chick isn't invited! If she is tell her there's an entry fee of $150!

    Please post pics, you're going to look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I swear you add wedding to any word, and you might as well just hand over your wallet.

    It's almost over. I hope you have an amazing day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's a total rip-off!!!!
    Well, aside from that, good luck tomorrow and have a wonderful day! I hope the sun is shining and I KNOW you will look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for you that it's finally here.

    But yeah, the whole industry is a total rip.

    One thing I found out when I was doing mine, was that you could negotiate every single part of it. And I did.

    And I'm the world's suckiest negotiator but when it came to ripping me off for one day then I was all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup,
    Add wedding or Maternity to anything and automatically double the price. Like say you're going to get pizza, say it's your wedding pizza and suddenly you have a $300 dollar pizza

    ReplyDelete
  6. wedding are really expensive....but you're only supposed to do it once, right!? It's gonna be great. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with janis on the $150 entry fee!

    GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch. That hurts just reading that.

    ReplyDelete