Tuesday, May 27, 2008

~*Happy 24th To Me*~

Today is my 24th birthday. For some reason I've dreaded the anticipation of my birthday since I was 14. So 10 years of already hating them. Yippee. I was thinking about this yesterday at a BBQ Rick had for Memorial Day that I knew he was going to have, but then people showed up with a couple presents and a cake, and suddenly it became the b-day BBQ I told him I didn't want. And of course there was drama. The kind where my mother was there. Need I say more? Or the fact that after she left, she called and had Rick's entire family hating her, a huge fight erupting in front of their family and me sleeping on the floor in my son's room last night.

Yeah, it must be my birthday.

So anyway, I decided to spend the day with my kid at Griffith Park looking at the ponies, (since he likes them from a distance and gets really excited to point them out, but isn't quite brave enough to pet one or ride one), then took a couple train rides around the park. I used to LOVE doing that when I was little, so hopefully he can have some fond memories doing that too. And then I got home and decided to finally buy the leopard camera strap for my new SLR that I've wanted for a couple weeks now. And I think I'm going to replace the keychain that got lost on the day of the wedding.

I'm such a bitch, and I don't care!

7 comments:

  1. Well, Happy Birthday! Sorry yesterday was such a bust.

    Anway, I love the camera strap. That is so much cooler than mine. :P

    Oh, BTW-- I have been learning how to use the manual modes on my camera doing this blog course. It has made it so much less intimidating. Here is the link if you are interested. Just download the PDF files. :)
    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/cg_display.asp?g=2&seed_id=26134

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!

    And, buying yourself presents is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!!

    I use sitemeter to check my stats, its free or you can upgrade to a more technical version that tracks more but the free version works just fine for me. You can sign up at www.sitemeter.com and it tells you what to do, just don't forget to paste the html code somewhere on your page (I forgot and thought no one came to my site for 2 weeks). Email me if you have any problems and I can try to help. allisonramos1982@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well happy birthday from a girl who hates my birthday too.

    And my husband threw me a "surprise" bbq last year, that didn't end quite as dramatically but that's because my mom couldn't even be bothered to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Sorry it sucked! I hate my birthday too...every year on my b-day, something bad happens. I dread it.

    Glad you got something kick ass though, even if you had to buy it for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hí! I´like The saints,is very interesantin. Saludos!

    ReplyDelete