Every month or so, us(or our home address) receives a letter from someone we don't know who wants to be informed first, if we ever decide to sell our house. I can only assume they want first dibs and no bidding war. We live off of two semi-busy streets and Rick's cars are always parked out front, which kind of makes us more of a target. If we go to the market, someone we don't know will comment on how pretty our house is. It's weird and creepy and ups the paranoia-stalky factor.
I do have a point.
Yesterday I go out to our mailbox and notice another letter. I notice that the title says "Hip Groovy Residents". I think for a second that this might be from our family that is sending us a wedding card, like we've been receiving lately via mail. I look at the return address label and don't recognize the name, but notice they live 7 blocks away. When I open the envelope I notice that the letter is 2 FULL PAGES LONG!!!
It goes on about how she noticed Rick's car at the upholstery shop and fell in love with it, then she say us driving around town and how "fabulous" we look, then she noticed Rick's cars parked in front of our house and she decided to mail us a letter instead of knocking on our door. Thank god for that right?
Her point was that she's selling a bunch of 50s furniture and wanted to give us first dibs before she runs an add in the paper. She wrote extenive descriptions of each piece. It's kind of cool that she thought we'd be interested, but kind of creeps me out about how easy it is to find us. I guess a car like this is a bit of a red flag, or arrow to where we live.
Hip and groovy huh? I think that's just aged us 25 years...

I guess the best you can do is take it as a compliment, right?
ReplyDeleteYou two are a "striking" couple.
Man, I wish we were hip groovy residents. The only thing people in our neighborhood know us for is being the house with the awesome grass. People come from blocks away to tell us our yard pisses them off because it's so perfect.
My husband is all about the yard.
LOL, well thank you, now all I have to do is drive around LA and look for that car!!! Then I too can stalk you!
ReplyDeleteOk, so maybe I won't...
That is a kick ass car though.
Is it weird that when I got dressed this morning I thought of you? Let me explain. I'm wearing a black and white polka dot thong and a leopard print skirt. It's not that weird...right?
My kind of girl!
ReplyDeleteHey, Chris Issak said my friend Alisha was "Hip" so Hip is a good thing! It could be worse....we get loud and annoying.
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess it is better to be hip and groovy than it is to be lame and boring.
ReplyDeleteI am in suburban hell where I live, and all I get when I leave the house dressed up is weird stares.
Uh...my Honda never gets me fan mail!
ReplyDeleteAnd Sheri, that's because you are supposed to wear sweatpants (velor, of course, and pink) and rhinestoned t-shirts. Preferably with your initial on it. That is the official bus stop uniform.
I get the stares too. And she's totally right about the sweat pants and rhinestoned shirts.
ReplyDeleteIf I wear my Bake and Destroy shirt they're eyeballs about drop out of their heads.
And my Honda isn't turning any heads either.
I was told before that I'm an "enigma"...
While I will agree that it's a little creepy and disturbing that you are so easy to find, I actually think it's really cool too. And a bunch of 50's furniture? I would be all over that! :)
ReplyDelete