Monday, May 12, 2008

Girls On The Loose!

Saturday night was my bachelorette party. I had specific instructions of NO Chippendale dancers, NO tiara or veil that I would be expected to wear all night, NO bridey-stuff in general, and NO penis whistles, straws or other stupid phalic stuff. I was a super bummed that my MicHELLe couldn't make it out, being sick and having to watch four twelve year old girls have a slumber party, but we had fun regardless.





















I'm not sure who the guy in the front is. But apparently he wanted his picture taken!


Me and my sister and best friend(even though we aren't that close now), went out to a Japanese restaurant that used to be a good deal, but apparently has jacked up the price and charged 15 dollars for parking. Yeah, 15 dollars and there was NO cheaper parking in a one mile radius, and we were wearing heels...

Then we headed back into town and hit the local bars in the area. We took some anti-hangover pills, Mothers' Day being the next day and all. Staying in town and going to the average, every weekend bullshit actually worked for the best I think. I had fun with my girls...but it was like a high school reunion almost, with all the jocks and lame guys I wouldn't have wanted to be around IN high school. Maybe I come off like a snob, but they just aren't my type, and I'm sure in high school I wasn't there type either. I just can't understand how you can live in the same town you grew up in, see the same people you went to elementary school, middle school, high school and community college with; then go to the same bars that you see each other, then hook-up or try to hook up with each other. Ew. Rick laughed when I told him that and said something like, Yeah, that's what it's always like. But I just can't be attracted to the guys I went to school with, I'm not the type of person that it will sudden;y click with and I will "suddenly" think the same guy I've known forever is attractive or interesting. And since they never leave this town, I doubt they ever have anything interesting to say. I'm sure that's pretty typical though, right?

Rick grew up here too, but since he's ten years older I didn't grow up with him, so it seems different. And he isn't a dim-bulb like those jack asses anyways.

Me and my friends met up with Rick, his brother, his best man, and one of the bridesmaids baby-daddy; then went to a couple more bars after that. It seems like Last Call came so fast from that point on. I still hung out with the girls and they wouldn't let me even sit at the same side of a booth with Rick, since this was supposed to represent my last night of freedom, even though it is the last WEEK of freedom. Rick almost got in fight with this huge Samoan guy who just started something out of nowhere, then got kicked out of the bar.

We went to one last bar, that was two blocks from our house, and after we left after 2 one of the bridesmaids ran out with her glass and kept saying she was going to have it engraved for the wedding. Then someone ended up breaking it...

All in all, I had fun. It was really simple, and what I wanted, and straight to the point. Drinking and friends and celebrating the little bit of freedom I still have to go to a bar once in awhile. And it's not that Rick doesn't ALLOW me to go out, (because this is the 21st century and I do whatever the hell I want!), but because I have a kid.

4 comments:

  1. You had the same "rules" for yours that I had for mine. We ended up doing a "co-party" for ours and it was a really good time.

    Congrats, hon. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was a lot of fun! Did you get trashed???

    I bet you're a nervous wreck this week, huh? Poor thing! I can't wait to see wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we all got pretty messed up. Even those that go out every weekend, got WASTED. But no accidents, no one got sick, no one got lost or arrested...and it was FUN.
    Every night I sleep no more than four hours. All I want to do is sleep, but I get so freaked about the reception being a disaster. It's so stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so that person that lives in the same exact area that I went to school in. Seriously, less than a mile from my high school. And after moving away to Dallas and coming back, I STILL ended up with someone that I went to high school with. Although, in my defense, I didn't really know him in high school, and I really met him through work. It was just a coincidence that we went to high school together.

    ReplyDelete