Of course, I had to wear my Manolo's. I had to saccrifice my feet for fashion. First I had to find them. I keep all my shos organized in my closet, but the box was turned the wrong way so I couldn't read the label. was convinnced that someone came in my house, seen the box, and took off with them. Yeah, they avoided the Marc Jacobs and Steve Maddens, and bebe dominatrix boots I had to ship from the Vegas store because they sold out everywhere..., or the Mac computer in my dining room, or anything else. The burglar had classy taste, what can I say? And not much time to grab the rest. Hey, I would have done the same, if I was a burglar.
Well-Rick found them when he pulled out the ladder, yes, my shoe closet goes that high. He rolled his eyes and handed them to me. Hey man, don't start with me or you'll be left home buddy! He acted like he was just being a good hubby, but I know he wanted to go. I know he liked the show when he used to watch it with me, he just won't admit it. There were a lot of guys there, with their wives or girlfriends, and they looked excited too.
So, I'm getting off track. I had to dress up. I wish i had been brave to wear one of my hundred or so dresses that would have gone perfectly, but I didn't. But I wore my Manolo's and while I went to go stand in the movie theatre line for a half hour girls stared at my shoes like they wanted to chop off my feet and steal my shoes. Everyone was wearing comfy uggs and I began to think I was the dumbest bitch ever for wearing my in honor of this blessed day. (I'm exaggerating, I just thought it seemed like a good idea.) But, by the end of the night I felt like I was walking like Frankenstein. I can keep it real. I would buy another pair though, but I would have to buy them in New York, because something feels wrong buying them online, or even Nordstrom in teh store(like I did). When spending that much money, you should get the whole experience of New York I think. And hell, maybe even a lap dance! Those are some EXPENSIVE shoes!
I thought the movie was good. I have the entire series on DVD, (I didn't realize it was going to go into crazy syndication and be everywhere), and it was just like a very long episode. It was funny, and sweet and great fashion. Not all my taste, but I can appreciate it all as "art". I was happy with it, and relieved because I was worried it was going to suck and I was going to cry and wish they hadn't made the movie. But I liked it, you should go see it. Seriously. I won't give away the movie, I'm not that mean! Then go out for sushi like Rick and I did. Crunchy rolls and California rolls, and they were yummy!
I hope you all had a happy Friday too!
Oh, and while I was taking pictures of my feet, the kid decided to get creative with the sunblock. Seriously, I was only busy for 20 seconds!

LMAO! Yes, if I broke into your house, I would take off with those. :P Love them! I totally hear you on the shopping experience. The one pair of Louboutin that I own were bought last year in Napa (well, St. Helena) because I wanted the whole experience of trying on all these differnt pairs to find the perfect ones.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you loved the movie. I have not heard anyone say they didn't, yet. I can't wait to go. Oh, and hubby is kind of ticked that I made plans to go without him. :D
of course I love your shoes!! Your skirt is to die for too.
ReplyDeleteAnd your son? Is even cuter. I caught mine right as he pulled the top off the sunscreen with his teeth this weekend.