
I planned on doing a different kind of post today, but since I saw the home page of my computer right now, I knew I had to pay tribute.
Bettie Page died earlier today or last night. I had read a while ago that she was sick and knew it was coming. And she was 85. So I''m just going to write a little about her, from my prospective. I never met her, am not going to pretend I did, but I was definitely an admirer. I really got into her when all I saw was blonde's (Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Doris Day...) I was inspired by her look and had been looking for a change. I cut my bangs, totally crooked, but loved them, I also pierced my lip around the same time, but didn't have that for long. My mom was never one who let me have my own identity...
I also loved the fact that she was so damn curvy, I was a sz. 3 but had curves. I was insecure about how I looked in a bikini next to my friends who just looked regular. After looking at all her pictures and reading her bio, I knew I needed to have her confidence. She didn't start of fetish, but didn't mind becoming the fetish icon.
I have been told I look like her in the past, but I don't see it. I think they were just trying to flatter me, and I never bought into it. Yes, I admired her. But I was never one of those that thought I was her incarnate. And I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about! But whatever, that's them not me!
Rest in peace Bettie! Not many get as long a life and a legacy that will go on for as long as yours!


I am so sad about her passing. I had been sending her cards for a little over a year now since her health started failing. I always hoped I would hear back from her, but that is obviously too late now. She was just so inspirational to me for many of the same reasons you listed. Such a legend we have lost.
ReplyDelete