Tuesday, December 30, 2008

...she cooks from scratch and makes sweaters...

Don't you love when you go somewhere and find EXACTLY what you are looking for- plus it's 50% off? I totally scored when I walked into Jo-Ann's yesterday and found my yarn for cheap. I'm on a budget and getting used to Lion Brand since I can't afford luxe stuff anymore. It was like Black Friday in the yarn area and there were only the exact amount of skeins left for my project, so I was even luckier! I picked up some more embroidery needles because mine get dull fast, and then walked past the book area. Right in front, was Sublime Stitching's craft pad! Only one copy, exactly what I was looking for, and in JO-ANN's!!!! I was so happy and my son was so well behaved that I bought him some little zoo animal figurines in the check out line. He is thrilled now too.

*My loot!*


I showed Rick the yarn for his Mangyle, and he was pleasantly surprised. I think he was expecting it to be a chore to wear, but really digs the colors and has commented on them a few times. He also said that he told a girl at work that I'm knitting him a vest and that she said they must've made that Beastie Boys song up about me. ???? "...she cooks from scratch and makes sweaters..." I don't listen to BB's so I have no idea what she's referring to, but it is flattering!


*I'd have more done except that I frogged(ripped) it apart 3 different times over stupid little mistakes. I swear I have to cast on at least 3 different times until I feel the piece looks professional. Hmm...*

No comments:

Post a Comment