Friday, January 11, 2008

And The Winner Is...


This (and all) the pictures I took of this dress just doesn't do this dress justice. It's beautiful and it comes in ivory, which really makes it look like it came out of some archival museum from a very long time ago. If that makes any sense. It looks like something my grandmother could have worn, or like a vintage dress, which was very important to me. I bought the veil, only the part that covers the back of my hair, I didn't want my face covered.

I also bought this headpiece pin that matched the dress in ivory and was just an added detail that made the dress seem finished. The dress needed to be special oredered in extended length, because I'm 5'9" and plan to wear heels. I usually wear 4", but have been warned by everyone that I may want to go down an inch or two. We'll see.

My sister ordered her bridesmaid dress and I need to tell the others to ASAP. The dress I chose for my them is a halter than flares out like a swing dress and is very much something I would wear. It's on sale right now and may be discontiued soon. So they need to get one it too. Imagine black, no orange! I ordered my dress at the right time too. It was $200 dollars off and I was able to put off paying for it for a bit too, which is really a blessing. The few deposits that Rick and I have put down have really set us back financially, so any little bit on leeway is great. There have been many sleepless night for me while so indecisive over my dress. My decisions been made and there's no turning back now! I couldn't afford to anyways! Now on to other decisions, other indecisive decisions, more like it. One big one down, a thousnad little ones to go!

Oh, and I have been knitting on SweetHeart. I'll post a pic tomorrow. It's the first intarsia pattern I've worked on that I'm wearing. So I'm a little worried about the stretch, and am think of frogging it to make a little looser. I'm still throwing that idea around though.

2 comments:

  1. That dress is very pretty and will go well with the shoes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress - it is gorgeous! And the headpiece/pin is lovely too. I can imagine what a relief to have that decision done!

    ReplyDelete