My (possible) wedding dress arrived last night in the mail. I really love the style and think that it is flattering to an hourglass figure (which I have). The quality of the material leaves little to be desired, and the thread/stitching seems like it may easily fall apart, or needs to be reinforced. The added detail on the top wasn't my favorite in the beginning, but once on, I really liked it.
I would feel silly spending a lot of money on a dress I may only wear for 6 or 7 hours, but when I look at the quality of this less expensive dress, I kind of sigh. It looks cheap, I fear coming off tacky. I don't know if I should look into having a seamstress create a replica, or just stick with this one. I can't imagine wanting to preserve a dress made from polyester...
(I've found that cutting my head out of these pictures has made me less critical of myself and I can be more objective of the dress itself.)

No comments:
Post a Comment