
Today I'm 26. There's no sugar-coating it anymore. I'm not a kid anymore. Well actually I have 2 kids and have been married for 2 years and have had a house...so maybe I haven't been a kid for awhile. Maybe I mean being 26 means by this age you should have your shit together, no excuses. Ugh.
Today Rick and I went out for a yummy lunch-no kids!- at a place we used to go many many moons ago. Before kids. They're Sweet Potato fries and Feta dip are THE best! And there cheesecakes are quite decadent. Rick and I split a piece because they are so rich. Somehow I was able to drag him to see the new SATC movie. But it was no easy feat, and actually that movie wasn't at all that great. I just had to go because it came out on my b-day and I used to like the show.
My sister bought me this awesome cardigan from H&M and the new Hole CD. I love Courtney Love and always have. The CD's pretty good too. Rick bought me my skates a few months ago and all my pads. That was a b-day/ wedding anniversary/ Mothers' Day gift. I know it's a triple whammy, but all that stuff was quite $$$ and times aren't what they once were. Needless to say I'm a happy girl.
...And on the cloth diapering front. I bought an adorable "wet bag" on etsy.

Cute huh? And it's so tough finding CUTE boy things!
I bought another cloth diaper for night-time. We'll see how it works, he may just wear a disposable at night if he leaks or gets too uncomfortable. All in all, good so far!

i just turned 26 and i felt the same way. something about passing that 25 mark made me feel old. a friend of mine who is our age as well recently described us as in our "late twenties" and i almost cried.
ReplyDeleteoh and i thought satc kinda sucked too.
Happy Birthday...kiddo! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Wow you have done all the things I assumed I'd be doing at 26 years old. However I'm turning 28 this year and am only just starting to think about buying a house, having babies, and although I have the most amazing guy in the world the idea of marriage still makes me want to run a mile! Funny how different peoples lives can turn out.
ReplyDeletex
Happy Birthday!Im 28 and felt the same about 26
ReplyDeleteHappy Bday! xo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThanks you guys :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!! Hey, if ya wanna feel old, check out my blog. I turn 56 on June 25th, and I'm still havin' a blast. Somebody should have told me I was supposed to get serious at aged 26! LOL-zootsuitmama ps you are a doll! Enjoy it.
ReplyDelete