Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Misfits.


Last night me and the gang went out to Hollywood and saw The Misfits play. Well, let me rephrase that... We saw one of the original members of the Misfits and his back up band of guys. Sorry if any of you know any of them personally, but it's the truth. If you paid $35+ dollars for tickets, $10 in parking, more on gas to get to the show, and you were a hormonal pregnant nightmare...maybe you'd be a little bitchy too. And I realize that it was my own fault that I didn't go online and check to see who was still in the band. I just remember Danzig playing with them five or so years ago. And since it was being advertised as their 30th Anniversary, I assumed there would be more original members. So my bad.
They were okay. They played the songs I liked, and people seemed to enjoy themselves. But after their encore, Doyle, the one original member still with the group, acted like god and had about 20 people fawning over him like he was a god. He had this weird back up music that can only be described as the type of chorus that may be played as the clouds parted and god himself came down from the heavens. Doyle had his fist up in the air and when the music needed to be be louder, or replayed he would motion to the sound guy. This went on for so long at the end of the show, like 15 or 20 minutes!!!! Me and my friend couldn't stop laughing. It was ridiculous. Apparently we weren't the only ones that felt that way either. I went into the bathroom to retouch my lipstick, and overheard two groupies talking about it. They were dressed up as Army pin ups and totally cute. "Oh my god...what a joke! I totally wanted to suck his d-k tonight, but after that he can suck his own!!!!" And they just started laughing hysterically.

I thought that line was so funny, I just had to share it.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH that comment was so funny! Love your camera strap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay that groupie quote is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, you look gorgeous as always.
    Second, I almost peed myself laughing about the music at the end and he was acting like God!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy shit that's funny groupie chatter!

    ReplyDelete