I'm attempting Jon & Kate Plus 8's way of potty-training. They would give out one M & M once the deed was done. But my son is too smart for that. He's faking it, and then telling me he's the candy monster.
FOUR THINGS RIGHT NOW: SUNDAY LUXURY
6 years ago

HAHAHA! We did the sticker thing, then the train thing, then the Mommy using a hand puppet making burp sounds thing. :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteLMAO! Faking it...
ReplyDeleteLeila has basically PT'ed herself. She would do anything for an M&M. She has been able to squeeze out the tiniest amount of pee 10x's in a row in order to get more. I finally had to put conditions on her potty habits in order to earn it. I am now in the weaning process since she clearly has it down at this point.
haahah how funny is that!! I think my mom used to M&M method... boys are always harder though.
ReplyDeleteI just sat the punk down on her potty chair with her favorite movie and gave her flavored, carbonated water and told her it was soda. She drank the entire thing and then peed in the chair cause that's where she was sitting. When she did, I threw a mini party for her with party hats and confetti, then I gave her a wrapped present (from the dollar bins at Target).
ReplyDeleteLet me know how that works for you. Emma would TOTALLY pretend too! I think we're going to get serious about it this coming up week. I think she is finally ready.
ReplyDeleteEmmi didn't even require M&Ms. It took two days, and no accidents. That was it. Done. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteSee, now I can brag about Emmi, 'cause before Emmi I had Jill. Jill took about six months (and by six, I mean twelve), fourteen different methods including but not limited to m&ms, stickers, a new Barbie, at least four new pairs of shoes (the kid loves shoes) being held down on the potty by a screaming mommy, being threatened by mommy, mommy crying, mommy begging, and finally grandmotherly intervention.
DPH, I love it! Thanks for the advice four years too late!