On Tuesday night I went to my sister-in-law Michelle's house and taught her the basic knit stitch and the most basic cast-on stitch I know. The cast-on style, isn't one I'd recommend to anyone other than a newbie, but it gets the job done in the beginning! It's the cast-on my grandma taught me in third grade, and I still have a bit of the knitting bug still in me! (Even if I lack time and funds.) I haven't talked to her since, but I'm sure by next time I see her, she'll be asking me about the purling. She's normally a crocheter, but like me, didn't really like the crochet sweater patterns that she saw out there. She's great at those Amigarumi 's. One more crocheter converted! I wanted to take pictures, but I didn't want to make her self-consious...
I also bought this at IKEA last week. I tend to buy things I'm unsure of, have Rick build them, then after a week don't understand how we've been living without this amazing new thing. Yes, it's just a bookcase cabinet-thing. But I love it. And it's awesome.
Now a silly picture of my sleepy punkin who fell asleep mid-lunch. When he woke up, he went right back to eating like he hadn't fallen asleep at all.
And before anyone thinks I'm a crappy parent for keeping this poor child awake, he refused to take a nap all day long, and none of us expected this to happen...
Toodles!

No comments:
Post a Comment