Monday, March 17, 2008

A Day For The Irish

This has been one crazy week, let me tell ya'. And I really didn't expect much for today, but things made a surprising change for the better for this leprachaun. I started off the day trying to make Irish Soda Bread, but didn't predict how difficult it would be to find carroway seeds and currants. Three different markets, same results, zilch. I decided to fall back on this recipe instead. Irish Soda Bread had seemed to be a tradition while I was growing up, so I decided to bring some to Rick's parents and share the tradition. It was ridiculously simple, and baked to perfection ( I can say that because I set the microwave timer and had my sister pull the bread out after 70 minutes!)

I also got a freakin' amazing pair of shoes in L.A., (or as Rick so fondly refers to it..."la", like la-la-la.) I was stuck chaffeuring Rick and the bestman-to-be to the best place in town to get EXACT replicas of vintage shoes, new. Rick has a pair of black and white wingtips that he plans on wearing in the wedding, and Brian (the best man) has admired them for awhile and decided to get a pair for the big day. Rick got another pair in all black, and then told me he'd buy me these babies! These dear, wonderful, amazing freakin' shoes. We got a crazy deal on them and I'm thrilled. Can you tell?

I'm going to wait a while before you see the actual shoes, but trust me. They're bad-ass.



Upon arriving home, I didn't notice the box next to the stroller that Rick had to point out. The invitations arrived! Double score! Yay!



So I took them with me, the baby and the soda bread over to Rick's parents house. The soda bread was a big hit. Scored some points with the in-laws, neice and nephew, and hubby-to-be. Then assembled some of my invitations because I was too frickin excited to wait until tomorrow.


So there you have it, I had an awesome day and had to brag about it. Now I'm gonna finish off my Guinness and put my own little leprachaun to bed.

Oiche mhaith. (Good night.)

1 comment:

  1. I laughed seeing L.A. refered to as "La"
    Years ago when LA Law was on TV, us french up here in canada thought it was french for "The Law" (La Law)
    Nice blog btw

    ReplyDelete