
Pattern: Rowan Magazine 38 "Echo"
Materials: Size 7 needles and Rowan Kid Classic in Splendour and Yorkshire Tweed DK in Revel, Skip, Scarlet and Frog
Notes: This sweater only took me a week to knit. Since it was basic stockinette I'm glad I was able to switch it up with different colors every row. It was something different, and kept me interested with a new "challenge", since I had never switched colors so often. But I will never do it again! Weaving in all the ends was a royal bitch. I swear I spent many boring days weaving in the thousands of ends! This is also the first project I've blocked. I followed the directions (I think), and it seems fine. I'm not sure if it is supposed to look much different. The seaming together is really what I'm not that sure of. I had my sister try it on since she is closer to my normal size than I am, due to my current state of being nine months pregnant. She is a bit smaller with smaller shoulders, so the sweater looks like something Michael Jackson would have worn, with shoulder pads in the early nineties, or eighties. Other than being a little humorous at what a big failure this was becoming, it was also quite depressing. I could have quit knitting all together. So then I had my mother try it on. She filled out the shoulders better and seemed to be a better model for it. I still notice a lot of imperfections, but am reluctant to unseam it. It took forever and really made me realize that beanies and things that don't need to be seamed are more for me. I'm good at the knitting part, not so good at the finishing. I've heard you can actually take your stuff to some knitting shops and for a fee, they will seam them together. It is quite a tempting thought, but before I get too lazy, I should probably at least complete one full project. Also, I picked up the called for amount of stitches up for the collar, but didn't check to see if my big head could fit through it until I binded off. Consequently...I don't even think a toddler could have fit their head through the opening. Modeling this masterpiece is my fiance. He is enjoying every minute of modeling this, if you can't tell.

Naturally, I didn't bother to test the head size until it was already finished. And of course, it didn't even fit the smallest of heads.

No comments:
Post a Comment