Saturday, September 27, 2008

.Bows.

The bows are just fluff. I thought they were cute and girly and just decided to get them. I'm usually not one for a rash decision, but I think sometimes I just think TOO much. I'm 24, and just said fuck it, you only live once. I hate to live in fear or regret. If I get sick of them, I'll just get them removed! Rick got mad at me for whining about the blue in the background. While Pete was tattooing me he mentioned that he wanted to add it. Since he was in his artist mode I thought he would know best. Aftermath? I've contemplated it after the fact and am not sure what I think about that part. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. So whatever.



They also look crooked in this picture, but I have to use the excuse as the angle and my right leg. When I was 16 a part of my femur died and just broke off for no apparent reason. Gross, right? I was on crutches for two years while doctors figured out the best possible way to repair a teenagers knee so that I wouldn't need another surgery. Needless to say, during those two years I went through a growth spurt and my good leg grew a half a shoe size seems to have grown slightly longer. I also am so used to shifting my weight to my good leg that I just have a funny stance. And my bad knee will always remain a little bit swollen and can't straighten out as well. I think for the most part these are subtle things that people usually don't notice and I never bitch about, but instead of you guys thinking my tattoo artist was drunk or stupid, I wanted to explain a bit. Pete had a hell of a time matching them up and placed than many times.

So...you like?

17 comments:

  1. i love them too. absolutely adorable & they don't look crooked to me at all. the blue part is a really nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are cute! the blue is actually really FUN!!! I like it! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I like the blue too. :) You only live once for sure, make yourself happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look GREAT! Don't over analysis it, you'll drive yourself crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're sweet! I like the blue. It gives them more depth from a distance (like in the thumbnail view vs when I clicked for bigger). Which is how most people will see them, after all... So yeah, I think the blue was a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the blue bits add a bit of depth and emphasise the tattoos a bit more.
    Nice work on nice ankles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are too adorable! very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are adoreable...totally suit you...well done. have no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I love them. Especially with the blue. It makes them stand out more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!
    Not sure why he thought blue, but I'm not opposed to it. Like everyone else said-it adds some depth to it. And it IS a pretty color of blue. I think they are darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I would never get a tattoo. No, no, it has nothing to do with having anything against tattoos. It is more like I would spend every minute thinking, "You know I would like it better if this were like that or that were over here." Which seems to be a slight bit what you are feeling. Except. They are kick ass. I REALLY like them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them and I really like the blue!!! Does anyone else think it's ironic that my word confirmation right now is "hipgto?"

    ReplyDelete