Sick, again. But life goes on and things still need to get done.
I used to always think I was so tough. Went to downtown LA yesterday to pick up the dress I decided to buy for the bridal shower. I've never had a problem there before, but almost got mugged yesterday. Totally freaked me out. There's something about having my toddler on my hip that suddenly made me feel more vulnerable. A man that only knew a few words of English asked for change, I said I had none and went a few feet further, where I waited to cross the street. I noticed him eye my purse on my shoulder that was unzipped, so I was a little more cautious, as he kind of drunkenly lunged for it, I snapped back and looked at him. He made a couple more failed attempts with me facing him. I looked around for someone to help me, a business man, or someone who wasn't a variation on this guy. Another homeless man on the opposite corner seemed to be sizing people up as well. It was around 12:30 in the afternoon on a busy street and I couldn't believe that I never seemed to worry before. It isn't the worst part of downtown L.A. by far. I've come here many times before, but something about being alone with a small child made me a more feasible target. Probably that I wouldn't run after him or something. Needless to say, I'll just pay for shipping next time. It's probably cheaper than driving my gas-guzzling SUV anyway.
FOUR THINGS RIGHT NOW: SUNDAY LUXURY
6 years ago

Holy crap! That would scare me to death. I had to stop going to certain parts of Atlanta with my boys. Times are changing everywhere! Be safe Mama!
ReplyDeletethat sounds like a horrible experience, particularly with your baby there.
ReplyDeletei used to feel that vulnerability when I was heavily pregnant - I mean, what could I do? One shove and I'd be a bug on it's back!